Group Financial Controller
Group Financial Controller
LHG has a great opportunity for a Financial Controller to join our team in Clapham Common. As a Financial Controller you will be the lead finance person in the business unit with a team of 8 and you will be reporting to the group managing director.
Your remit will include the preparation of timely, accurate financial information for senior management as well as group reporting deadlines. You will lead the finance team and take responsibility for the financial control and transaction processing within the business unit, running the day to day activities. You will also be required to carry out ad hoc projects while working closely with senior management.
The Candidates should be fully qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with at least 5 years post qualified experience.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Report to the MD with timely and accurate financial information.
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment.
- Property management experience is essential.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Cash flow management.
- Pro-active, with a creative approach to relationship-building, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
- Experience of managing a finance department.
This Job Description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job tasks and you will be expected to carry out any reasonable duties or requests not included above.
Please send your CV and covering letter to: Recruitment@lhg.co.uk
Posted on: 24 February 2020